Old 22-04-2018, 08:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tahiri[_4_] Tahiri[_4_] is offline

Default Ho hoe ho

I am fed up of being told I am a useless gardener because I won't use a hoe
on ground elder. 'Just keep on doing it. If it can't photosynthesize it will
die.' he says. I accept that in an empty patch of ground, in a dry area, if
I had time to hoe every day, that might possibly work, even on ground elder.
However I still work five days a week and I live in relatively soggy North
Wales and the wind blows too often to use glyphosate accurately enough. I
shall continue to try and remove the ground elder from bulbs, soft friut and
herbaceous perennials by hand!
Thank you for 'listening'. I feel better for a good grumble.