Old 01-05-2018, 09:35 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Default ryobi expand-it

On 01/05/18 19:33, Stephen wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about the Ryobi expand-it
range?

I was thinking about buying one some time ago but I never got around
to it! I thought I had seen it as a kit that included various
attachments but now that I look into it again, it seems all the
attachments are sold separately and are all £70 plus, so perhaps it's
as good a deal as I thought it was. Is it better to buy dedicated
strimmers, hedge cutters, and leaf blowers rather than a jack of all
trades?

Have I imagined it coming with the accessories or have the prices
jumped in the last couple of years?

I would mainly use it as a strimmer. Some of the reviews on Amazon
suggest that the strimmer attachment melts and breaks too easily. Is
this a common failure?

Thanks,
Stephen.

Had one a long time ago - stripped the gears in one of the attachements
(pole trimmer IIRC) because they were nasty and plastic.

Spares cost nearly as much as a new attachment.

So I refuse to touch them again.