Old 14-05-2018, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim S Jim S is offline

Default Fuchsita?

On Sun, 13 May 2018 21:38:03 +0100, David Rance wrote:

On a matter of pronunciation ...

We pronounce "fuchsia" as "fewsha" even though it was named after a
German botanist, a certain Leonhart Fuchs ("fooks").

So how do people pronounce "fuchsita"?

Personally I love fuchsias and was fascinated by them as a child, but I
haven't had any in my garden for years. Perhaps its time I did something
about it.

David

Go on then. It's a gift that goes on giving. There are enough hardys around
that the supermarkets are doing them in packs. True they flower late, but
by then all your half-hardys are going to seed and they run on to the first
frost. I started these in Devon many years ago and dug them up and
re-planted here on the NE coast. I really ought to take some cuttings, but
really cn't be bothered. If it works - don't fix it!
--
Jim S