Old 21-05-2018, 11:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Ping songbird

On 5/21/2018 3:40 PM, songbird wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
songbird wrote:

...re cutting wall tiles...

Â* They make a hand held version that uses a cutter wheel and snapping
thingy . Under 20 bucks when I bought mine , but that was last century
... If you're careful with getting a good score you can snap them over a
3/16" dowel laid across a piece of carpet padding . Lay a strip of wood
over narrow cuts to spread the force out over the length . If I had a
nickel for every piece of tile I installed I'd have one gigantic pile of
nickels ... I have one of those wet tub saws , and would rather use it
for nicer cuts - my big tile cutter also dates from last century .

my entire family was in commercial flooring,
wall tile, etc.

as a teen i hauled many many tons of materials
and cleaned up jobs and did whatever else needed
to be done.

when i could i got out of there after high school
to college. i knew that i didn't want to work in
the family business my whole life.

after the past few days i'm clearly reminded of
why... various previous injuries really do not
like what i'm doing now.

today it took me way too long but i've got another
wall up and cut the all the pieces i need to glue
around the edges once i get back to it. likely
tomorrow.

i'd much rather be in the gardens, and soon will
get back to them.

songbird

Â* I reckon I'll spend some time in mine tomorrow . Got the hens - she
said "there might be a rooster , I've heard crowing" - and 3 , yes THREE
of the eight were roosters . And she damn well knew it , they've got too
many chickens to not know . Anyway , got them installed in their new
digs and they seem happy enough .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on