Old 22-05-2018, 09:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Controlling lawn weeds

On 21/05/2018 15:43, wrote:
We've got too many "Cat's Ear" weeds in one of the lawns to eradicate by
hand so, with much regret, I'm tempted to use a selective post-emergent
herbicide. I thought it would be easy to find and order something, but a
quick look around the web has got me confused by the choice and worried
by all the dire warnings.

WTF is a "Cats ear weed"?

Do we have any experienced lawn-keepers here who could advise?

Verdone Lawn Weedkiller for killing broad leaved weeds in lawns is as
good as anything. It is specific to weed and doesn't harm the grass so
long as you follow the instructions correctly.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Weedol-Verd...dp/B00YYLFMKO/

It is very confusing that they have merged the Verdone and Weedol brand
names since the latter kills all green plants.

You don't have to apply it everywhere either and to do so would be
wasteful. I only hit dock, dandelions and buttercups and leave smaller
wildflowers to prosper in my lawns. I don't want a Chem-lawn.

(seriously that is a well known US brand of green lawn care company!)

--
Regards,
Martin Brown