Old 30-05-2018, 05:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Ping songbird

songbird wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:

Â* Just a heads-up , the Mattie Beane bush beans I planted had a
less-than-stellar germination rate . Looks like around 50-60% , so be
prepared for bare spots - I have no idea how old the seed is .

i'm just hoping for any at all to see how they do. i'm
glad to hear you got some going so perhaps between the two
of us we'll have enough seeds for next season again...

i just put in some of them today. looking pretty closely
i'd say those beans were spoiled, got wet or the harvesting
conditions were poor/wet or something because not many of
them looked viable. some were pre-sprouted and then dried,
so those won't go, some had fungus on them. i'll be surprised
if many grow. we'll see. if they don't i always have plenty
of other beans to go in that spot.

finally got some of the beans planted today, the pole beans
and the bush lima beans since they have the longest season it
helps to get them going first. would have liked to have had
them planted last week, but too busy with other things...

possible rain today/tonight/tomorrow. things are coming
along ok.

first strawberries picked today.

songbird