Old 30-05-2018, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Annual lawn mowing grumble

On 30/05/18 20:30, David wrote:
This is the time of year when people cut the lawn really, really short and
then realise they have to run the sprinkler to keep it alive.

A slightly higher cut and the lawn does fine all by itself.

Grumble.

I hate grass and lawns. The shorter the better, but even if you cut it
to -5mm (ie slice it off) the grass still won't die. Maybe I should try
watering with glyphosate.

A lawn does have one advantage, though - ash seedlings can't germinate
in it!

--

Jeff