Old 04-06-2018, 12:26 AM posted to rec.gardens
Nelly W[_2_] Nelly W[_2_] is offline

Default House plants

On 4/25/2018 11:06 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 4/25/2018 8:48 AM, songbird wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* Â* That bathroom light gives just enough in the bedroom to see the dog
... ever tripped over a 70+ pound dog when you got up in the night to
pee ?

Â*Â* no pets here (other than the worms ).

Â*Â* i like animals and such, but other people's pets
are enough for me.Â* i sure don't want any of my own
at the moment.Â* i don't like noise in general and am
a fairly light sleeper sometimes.Â* night time agents
of chaos go firmly outside (Flintstones, meet the
Flintstones...) and stay there until they meet their
maker/hunter/coyote/vehicle/etc.

Â*Â* songbird

Â* I've had dogs almost all my life , wouldn't know what to do without
one . Max is a great alarm system , we know right away when we have
company . He's also very protective of us , a good thing out here in the
woods . I suspect the local bear was up the hill this morning , Max was
going nuts wanting to go up there - which is unusual . His breed -
Mountain Cur - was bred for hunting , herding , and protection by early
settlers in the Appalachians . I have no doubt he'd tackle a bear ,
though the outcome is uncertain .

Dogs are good for security & companionship, but for midnight bathroom
runs I like a nice short string of LED decorative lights draped over the
mirror. Well...maybe not as good for men as for women, since we don't
have to aim. But fairly sufficient for both of us. Anyway, I can now
finally turn off my closet light in the hall between the bed & the bath
- which didn't help much once I got in there anyway even for a squatter.