Old 04-06-2018, 07:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Coffee grounds and slugs

alan_m wrote:

On 02/06/2018 09:01, Chris J Dixon wrote:

I remember watching a slug slither its way happily over the
copper tape I had put on a large plantpot. :-(

Some of the tape you can buy is plastic film covered copper. If the
copper stays a copper colour then it either is coated with a plastic
film or has been lacquered. Leave any uncoated copper outdoors and it
will discolour and start going green very quickly.

I suspect that slugs and not stopped by traveling over smooth plastic or
lacquer.

Without arguing with your point, my tape is clearly weathered,
and has no plastic covering, having been sold for this precise
purpose.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK