Old 06-06-2018, 07:23 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Default petrol lawn mower recommendations?

On 05/06/2018 22:35, Stephen wrote:
On Thu, 31 May 2018 20:41:51 +0100, David
wrote:

I'm going to look at this from a very different angle.
I suspect you don't cut your grass often enough so you are cutting
longer grass.

You guessed right. I suppose when it's wet I put off cutting it for a
dry day, so it just grows longer before I get round to it.

In my case, I can only do it at weekends. Recently it hadn't been mown
for a fortnight, then I was unable to mow it due to rain. The following
weekend I was rushing around buying a new suit, shoes, etc. and had no
time. The weekend after, I was in Ireland for a wedding. The next one I
just thought sod it, I'm being given the petrol mower next weekend. So
by last weekend, it was pretty long!

Fortunately, it cut it with ease.

SteveW