Old 06-06-2018, 07:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
Boron Elgar Boron Elgar is offline

Default Blue Spruce Going Brown

On Tue, 5 Jun 2018 22:20:57 +0100, Sandman1600
wrote:

Hi,

We have a tree that my parents bought for us when we moved into our
home. We think its a blue spruce.

However in the last few months the lower, inner branches are turning
brown and crisp. I've attached some photos. There is new growth on the
end of the branches.

We're desperate not to lose this tree so I'd really appreciate an
opinion.

Thank you.
Steve

Not sure if your climate or location would necessarily have these
problems, but here are specific pics of needle browning that might
match and give hints.

https://www.extension.umn.edu/garden...iscolored.html