Old 07-06-2018, 03:41 AM posted to rec.gardens
Alfred Falk[_2_] Alfred Falk[_2_] is offline

Default Blue Spruce Going Brown

Sandman1600 wrote in
:

Hi,

We have a tree that my parents bought for us when we moved into our
home. We think its a blue spruce.

However in the last few months the lower, inner branches are turning
brown and crisp. I've attached some photos. There is new growth on the
end of the branches.

We're desperate not to lose this tree so I'd really appreciate an
opinion.

Thank you.
Steve

|Filename: IMG_1598.jpg |
|Download:
|http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16661|
|Filename: IMG_1593.jpg |
|Download:
|http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16662|

Might not be anything particularly terrible. Inner/lower branches of spruce
normally die off as the tree grows and they don't get enough light. Dryness
can accelerate the process.