Old 07-06-2018, 11:15 AM posted to rec.gardens
Boron Elgar Boron Elgar is offline

Default Blue Spruce Going Brown

On Thu, 7 Jun 2018 08:21:35 +0100, Sandman1600
wrote:

Boron Elgar;1028748 Wrote:

Not sure if your climate or location would necessarily have these
problems, but here are specific pics of needle browning that might
match and give hints.

http://tinyurl.com/ycee7mvf

Thanks again for all the replies.

Looking at that link, it does look very similar to Rhizosphaera needle
cast... how it's browning but new shoots appearing on the ends of the
"dead" branches.

I've uploaded another photo with a closer look at the needles... are
these dots not what needle cast looks like?

|Filename: IMG_1610.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16664|

I confess that is out of my area of knowledge. Does one have local
agricultural services provided by government there? We call them
"extension" services and they can often provide information specific
to the area about growing, blight, etc. If you have such, you might
want to check there.