Old 17-06-2018, 05:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Opinicus[_3_] Opinicus[_3_] is offline

Default lily among 'weeds'

On Sat, 16 Jun 2018 19:13:31 +0100, Willi_9
wrote:

.. firelily and rough hawksbeard precisely. photographed a week ago.

Beautiful. That picture reminded me of two things. One is of a "secret
place" that I knew growing up as a kid in northwestern New Jersey in
the late 50s and early 60s where a flower like this that we called
"tiger lilies" grew in abundance. They may have been L.bulbiferum
escaped into the wild but were more likely L.superbum given the
location. The other is that "weed" (thank you for putting it in quotes
too) is an entirely human judgment call.

Thanks for posting, Willi.

--
Bob
St Francis would have done better to preach to the cats