Old 28-06-2018, 03:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default The harvest begins ...

crossposted ...

Â* The garden is beginning to produce stuff now , just picked a couple
of yaller squarshes , cucumbers are producing nicely , as are all 3
varieties of beans/field peas . Tomato plants are all over the top of
the (five feet tall) cages with the exception of the Roma's . But IIRC
they never did get as big as the slicing varieties . No ripe tomatoes
yet , but all the plants are loaded , plus lots and lots of blossoms too
.. Turns out that one of my Serrano pepper plants is a jalapeno ... not
sure how that happened , those seeds were clearly marked . That's OK
though , I was wishing for some jalapenos for salsa . I also found a
weakness in the Japanese beetles , they like morning sex ... and when
they're coupled it slows them down enough to squash them before they get
away . I think this year I'll harvest enough produce to make it seem
worthwhile ... the wife has been kinda disappointed with the little I've
been getting for all the work involved . I don't think she's going to
feel that way this year ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old