Old 20-07-2018, 08:53 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Frank Frank is offline

Default Tree stump

On 7/16/2018 2:44 PM, Lynn D wrote:
How can I flatten a palm tree stump to ground level? We cut it with a chain
saw but the stump protrudes above the ground by 6 toÂ* 8Â* inches

Not familiar with palm trees but if stumps are in area which detracts
from property appearance I have them ground to the ground level. My tree
cutter charges extra but it is not too much. You can also rent the
grinding machine. Otherwise they will eventually rot out. Palm looks
pretty porous in the center and drilling holes and adding fertilizer
will accelerate rotting. If safe you can drill holes, add nitrates and
burn. We've had termites in the area and they do a job on them. After
I saw what they did on pine stumps and roots running almost to my house,
I had perimeter treated even though I never had termites.