Old 22-07-2018, 01:07 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default moving indoor ficus tree outside?

On 7/21/2018 2:14 PM, Vivianne Ellington wrote:
replying to JayDee, Vivianne Ellington wrote:
Hi David I live in BC I am a small weeping fig tree that has been indoor in
the winter and I have taken it outside for the summer and it seems to be dong
well. I will bring it in in the fall. My question is where can it sit in the
summer full sun all day long or partial shade and sun? Thanks Vivianne

Mine gets sun until noon and shade thereafter. But my climate is hotter
than the climate in BC.

Also note that the ficus might loose many leaves when it is moved. This
will happen whether you move it outdoors in the spring or indoors in the
fall. Ficus hates change. However, it will recover; so don't worry if
there is major leaf drop.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see