Old 22-07-2018, 12:32 PM
Eliott Eliott is offline
Registered User

Default Sweet Pea infestation

Hello

My sweet pea flowers are covered with a very small insect this year which I can't identify (I can't even see it properly with my old eyes). I have taken a photo which shows it rather better than I can see it.

They seem to be present within the flower bud just before opening as far as I can see (along with the odd pollen beetle)

I can't pick a bunch to bring into the house as they get everywhere.

Can anyone help identify these and whether they affect the plant and if so suggest a solution.

Many thanks

Roy
Attached Thumbnails
Sweet Pea infestation-cropped-sweet-pea-insects.jpg