Old 28-07-2018, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Figs :-(

In article ,
Janet wrote:

Last year a friend who lives 5 miles away showed me her outdoor,
growing in the ground, not against a wall fig tree with plenty of
ripening fruit. I was so surprised I got my own little fig tree which
I'm growing in a pot outdoors. By late spring this year it had put out
two figlets; then we had a gale in May and they blew off :-(

You're on the west coast, aren't you? My problem is periods of warm,
sunny weather followed by cold spells (often with some wind). That's
not good news for many things :-(

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.