Old 29-07-2018, 01:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default I need blackberry help

On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 12:56:52 PM UTC-4, songbird wrote:
T wrote:

i only know them here as woodland edge plants
that like to be in clearings made from fires or
whatever.

i've not ever heard of anyone growing them in
arid climate. not that it is impossible, but
just seems like you may be forcing square peg
into too small a round hole.

just my guess, perhaps others will have a
better take on it...

songbird

About ten years ago, I found several red raspberry patches while kayaking along the Susquehanna River. I dug up a few plants and transplanted them next to my garden. They didn't do well in captivity.

I also tried planting some of the seeds, which sprouted but then died out.

Paul