Old 29-07-2018, 05:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default I need blackberry help

On 07/28/2018 05:31 AM, Boron Elgar wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jul 2018 06:38:07 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 7/27/2018 10:37 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

I can't get my blackberry seeds to grow anywhere, except this
one little sprouting pot.

https://ibb.co/b13zuT

Question: are these sprouts really blackberries, or has I
been nurturing a bunch of WEEDS?

If they are black berries, how soon do I transplant them?Â* They
still look pretty fragile.

Many thanks,
-T

Â* Those ain't blackberries ... ours here (wild , but should hold true)
have squared stems and the leaves are more heart-shaped with sawtooth
edges . You'd probably be better off buying a plant from a local nursery
, they do spread readily . A fruit farm near here grows them , they hold
them between a pair of wires , trim the new growth each year to just
above the wires , and relentlessly clip suckers and dead canes . If
those weren't a patented variety I'd have brought some shoots home from
the pruning class we had there ... berries bigger than your thumb and no
thorns .

That picture is likely of purslane.

BUGGER !!!!

At least Purslane is edible.