Old 29-07-2018, 06:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default I need blackberry help

Pavel314 wrote:
About ten years ago, I found several red raspberry patches while kayaking along the Susquehanna River. I dug up a few plants and transplanted them next to my garden. They didn't do well in captivity.

they may if transplanted into a pot first and
then grown out before replanting.

I also tried planting some of the seeds, which sprouted but then died out.

note that black raspberry and red raspberry are quite
different plants than blackberry...

we can find red and black raspberries growing in almost
any sandy field that's been left to get overgrown a bit.
the birds move seeds all over. we have wild red raspberries
all around us. probably brought in from the neighbor's
patch that they grew for many years.

blackberries i love but won't likely ever grow them.
blueberries are much further up my list of someday plants.

songbird