Old 03-08-2018, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
TheChief TheChief is offline

Default Hedge Trimmer Recommendations

Hi Fellow URGlers

Yes I know this stuff can be googled but am after real world opinion!

I have a mixed row of hedging comprising cotoneaster, escallonia,
eleagnus, photinia and ceanothus.
The height is around 2.5m and length about 20m, more of a run of
shrubs being treated as a hedge.

Our old mains Black and Decker corded trimmer is small and old and
we are considering treating ourselves to a new machine.

What I think we need is:
A longer blade
Adjustable length
Angleable head
Probably a bit thicker branch capacity

The concerns:
Machine weight - neither myself or the Mrs are body building types.
Machine "balance" in use.
Cost - not so concerned but want vfm

I am thinking that the weight concern means we should be looking
at corded models still.

Constructive comments and recommendations appreciated.

Phil

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/