Old 26-04-2003, 12:37 PM
Gordon Couger

Default rabbit manure; how good is it

"David Lloyd-Jones" wrote in message
Gordon Couger wrote:

You confuses the cost of production wiht the market value of the product.

Gordon,

It's a small pleasure in the morning to run across somebody with an
elementary understanding of economics.

Are you in fact a farmer? I guess that'll do it to you... :-)

I bought my first bunch of cattel in 1957 and started farming on my own in
'68. My mother's family owns one of the oldest ranches that is still under
single family control in the world. My grandfather changed his name from
Cowger to Couger when he enlisted in the in the army for the Spanish
American War. Cowger means keeper of cows. The family seemed to use Couger
and Cowger rather interchangeably when they left the farm in Indiana. My
wife owns the south headquarters of the XIT ranch that her grandfather
bought as they sold off the last of it in the 40's. It's an irrigated cotton
farm now. We both own land in Oklahoma as well.

In 1980 point I was farming 1,500 acres and I had just doubled my size.
Interest rates went to 21% that year and it didn't rain all summer and the
crops the next year weren't very good either. And I had my first attack of
multiple sclerosis the summer of 1981. Farming went down hill from there.

Every one on either sided of my family has made their living from farming or
cattle as far as I can trace them back. The same is true for my wife dad's
family.

Gordon Couger
Stillwater, OK
www.couger.com/gcouger