Old 11-08-2018, 02:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Not quite garden to table

On 08/06/2018 08:24 PM, songbird wrote:
we have squash beetles here too ...

The big ones love it down by the roots.

My ground pots are below ground level by about one to two
inches so my wand water does not go all over the place.
I shoot some Seventh Generation disk liquid down by the
root. Then I wand water them right at the squirt point.
They hate to get wet, so they walk through soapy water
and promptly die in about 20 seconds.

The eggs and little ones, I have to go after the hard way.

I forgot to water one day and my zukes did the wilt thing.
most of the leave fell over, exposing squash bug eggs.
"Slave! Slave! WHERE'S MY WATER ???!!!"