Old 16-08-2018, 05:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default Well no wonder !

On 8/16/2018 11:49 AM, T wrote:
On 08/12/2018 04:50 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â*Â* Seems that in the last week or two something(s) have been marauding
my tomato patch . I thought I had it better protected ... yesterday
afternoon I set up my game cam in the corner where they've been eating
their ill-gotten gains , only to discover there are 3 shifts ... late
afternoon/early evening , the squirrels dine , then after dark the
raccoons come in , followed later by the 'possums . Looks like I need
to improve the protection out there . I have to admit , the west side
is hard to get to because of the wild blackberries and I've let the
chicken wire and 'lectric wires get overgrown a little . It's been
working so well until recently that I've become complacent , and
that's gotta end . I'm not certain if they're crawling under the
chicken wire or going over , probably the latter since there are sags
that weren't there when I installed it . Either way , I'll be out
there today tightening things up in an effort to stop it - all the
ripe or nearly ripe 'maters are gone , and they've started in on the
green ones , I gotta do something or this will be the end of tomato
season for this year . And I've got a lot more jars to fill .

Guys!Â* Guys!

This is the proper way to deal with a squirrel!

Christmas Vacation Squirrel - National Lampoons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdiXSsFp29s

Our son last used my Hav-a-hart to catch a squirrel in his house. I had
got in the space between the fireplace chimney and sleeve. He opened a
vent in his living room and put the trap there but it took a couple of
days. Another son had a squirrel die in the space and it cost him
nearly a thousand bucks to have a fireplace guy remove the squirrel that
another contractor to redo the outer wall that had to be cut into to get
the maggot laden squirrel out.