Old 19-08-2018, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Samphire (Crithmum not Salicornia)

In article ,
Janet wrote:

Thanks, but those are Salicornia! The link David posted shows the
plant I am talking about. Rock samphire is less crisp, watery and
salty, and MUCH more strongly flavoured. Actually, mine isn't salty
at all, but probably would be if I salted the soil it is in.

oops sorry, wasn't paying attention; that was the one I've eaten in
East Anglia ( very so-what ish iirc).

Actually, I am very fond of it, but it's often not served at all well,
and is essentially impossible to grow in the garden.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.