Old 20-08-2018, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tina Tina is offline

Default Cherry tomatoes

On 17/08/2018 19:31, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 19:16:11 +0100, Tina
wrote:

I swapped some courgette plants early in the year with someone who works
as a volunteer in my local library for 3 tomato plants from Thompson &
Morgan. She'd sent for some Black Eyed Susan plants and got tomatoes
instead! which she didn't want.
They were almost bursting out of their pots so I repotted them into 12
inch pots. They are brilliant, spreading stems downward to meet the
ground all over, full of trusses with 8 fruit on each. I'm going to save
some seeds from them!
The tomatoes are really small, only the size of a 1p piece, and very
dark in colour. The flavour is superb. Anyone have a clue what variety
they might be?

A quick scan of T&M's cherry tomatoes brings up 'Black Opal'
https://www.thompson-morgan.com/p/to...opal/tm54731TM
https://tinyurl.com/y9q42e9b

or 'Black Cherry'
https://www.thompson-morgan.com/p/to...ck-cherry/79TM