Old 23-08-2018, 08:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Compo in Caithness[_2_] Compo in Caithness[_2_] is offline

Default Fruit ID please.

On Wednesday, 22 August 2018 14:47:58 UTC+1, Dave Hill wrote:
On 22/08/2018 14:34, Compo in Caithness wrote:
This photo was taken by a friend at Newstead Abbey in Notts. Can anyone tell me what type of fruit it is, please? Sorry it's a small image it is the only one provided.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmrbehXB

Looks like a young fruit on Pyrus salicifolia pendula a weeping form of
the Willow-leaved Pear.

Thank you Dave; I have just taken a look at images of Pyrus salicifolia pendula and it looks like you may be correct.