Old 27-08-2018, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Interesting and informative catalogue

On 27/08/18 13:05, Janet wrote:
In article , lid
says...

While looking for something else, I came across the new catalogue of the
Agroforestry Research Trust
https://www.agroforestry.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/site-files-pdf/ART_Catalogue.pdf.

There is a large range of "unusual" fruit and veg offered, both plants
and seed. There is also a lot of advice and growing info in it, so it is
well worth a download.

I don't do business with any company selling bare-root plants that
ramps up ridiculous delivery costs, such as

"12.5% of order value, minimum £21.

PLUS £20 surcharge to Scottish Highlands anD Islands

PLUS £2 "remote area" surcharge to my postcode.

I was merely pointing out what was available and the useful info in the
catalogue. I don't buy plants by mail order so had nothing to compare
the cost with.

Just out of interest, I had a look at Crocus, as they also supply by
mail order. They do a Bramley 20 seedling for £59.99 in an 11.5 litre
pot
(https://www.crocus.co.uk/plants/_/apple-bramley-20/classid.2000025212/).
The delivery cost is £4.99, which seems remarkably cheap to me. But,
they don't deliver to your area. Mail Order Trees
(https://www.mailordertrees.co.uk) do a Bramley seedling in a 12l pot
for £29.99. Their delivery charge is £7.95, but, once again, they don't
deliver to your area.

--

Jeff