Old 27-08-2018, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hazel size

I am pruning my hazel clump, and I am certain it is Corylus avellana,
but the damn thing is over 10 metres high! All my books say that it
doesn't grow more than 6m. It was bought as ordinary hedging plants
a long time back, but there are 20 year old stems that reach that
high. Do other people have such large hazels, or is this unusual?

I am a long way from Grovely woods, or I could see how high they
grown there.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.