Old 31-08-2018, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_6_] Bob Hobden[_6_] is offline

Default Weird growing year!

Is it just me or has it been a weird growing year. Very hot and no rain
meant 6.30 am visits to the allotment to water (watering cans only
allowed) yet despite that all ripe tomatoes so far have had blossom end
rot and especially Indigo Rose. That and Tom Brooks are supposed to be
early tomatoes so they miss the blight, not had one ripe fruit off
them yet.
Last year most of our chillis went red, this year, although
the plants have grown huge and are covered in chillis, not one red
fruit.
Brassicas have done well and Tenderstem Broccoli is worth a
recommendation even if it's difficult to find the seeds.
Of course the peas Early Onward and beans were hit by the heat so about
a half crop.
Potatoes have grown well and the earlies were excellent, we did water
them by throwing buckets of water between the rows.

Now at home I notice that the Muscari are growing leaves, obviously
confused, unless I've got some that flower twice.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden