Old 15-09-2018, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Malcolm Race[_2_] Malcolm Race[_2_] is offline

Default Weird growing year!

On 14/09/2018 22:51, Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
On 31/08/2018 15:58, Martin Brown wrote:

Chaenomeles is back in flower so it is very confused. Other spring
flowering things look like they might come back into flower too.

I've got Kerria japonica and Berberis x stenophylla flowering at the
moment.

The other thing this year has done is cancel my autumn raspberry crop.
They're now forming flowers, but I expect the frosts will get them
before the fruits mature.

I have a well established hypericum against a north facing fence. It
usualy flowers spectascularly in late spring. This yearb it began to
flower as usual, butv then stopped. I n the last week or so it has just
begun to flower. Peculiar behaviour

Malcolm, on the south coast close to Portsmouth

---
https://www.avg.com