Old 21-09-2018, 03:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
R. Daneel Olivaw R. Daneel Olivaw is offline

Default Tasteless Tomatoes

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 23:10:31 +0100, Bob Hobden
wrote:

We like to also use our Tomatoes for cooking, not sure a yellow fruit
would make a nice looking sauce. But I have heard they are tasty.

SWMBO really likes sauce made from "Golden Jubilee;" good flavor and a
little sweeter/lower acid than San Marzano.

BTW, I read here about "Blaby Special" being rediscovered, and got
seeds from the Seed Saver's Exchange (U.S. based but members
worldwide). Don't know if they hated emigrating to colonial
soil/weather, but insipid (like off-season tomatos from the market).
Didn't grow them again.

Semi-unrelated: If you really like a variety commercial seedsmen are
dropping and it's not a hybrid, save the seeds. Dead easy.

Cheers!

---