Old 21-09-2018, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_6_] Bob Hobden[_6_] is offline

Default Tasteless Tomatoes

On 20 Sep 2018 22:13, R. Daneel Olivaw wrote:
On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 23:10:31 +0100, Bob Hobden
wrote:

We like to also use our Tomatoes for cooking, not sure a yellow fruit
would make a nice looking sauce. But I have heard they are tasty.

SWMBO really likes sauce made from "Golden Jubilee;" good flavor and a
little sweeter/lower acid than San Marzano.

BTW, I read here about "Blaby Special" being rediscovered, and got
seeds from the Seed Saver's Exchange (U.S. based but members
worldwide). Don't know if they hated emigrating to colonial
soil/weather, but insipid (like off-season tomatos from the market).
Didn't grow them again.

Semi-unrelated: If you really like a variety commercial seedsmen are
dropping and it's not a hybrid, save the seeds. Dead easy.

Only problem was that Brigade was an F1 so won't come true from
saved seed. Besides the fact we grow more than one variety so cross
pollination is a distinct possibility.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden