Old 25-09-2018, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] wardjfb@hotmail.co.uk is offline

Default Tying roses and espaliers to horizontal wires (non-slip methods?)

On Tuesday, 25 September 2018 11:42:24 UTC+1, wrote:
I've got horizontal training wires running along a wall. I have a couple of young espalier pear trees and a couple of climbing roses to train. The problem I keep experiencing, is that if I use string, it tends to slide along the wire over time, rather than remaining where I tied it. Does anyone have any tricks for solving this? I wondered about crimping some small pieces of lead sheet with a string-hole drilled in it, but I suspect there must be an easier solution...

TIA
Al

You can get hollow tubed plastic ties from most garden centre that do exactly what you want.

Jonathan