Old 27-09-2018, 12:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mark Rand Mark Rand is offline

Default Tasteless Tomatoes

On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 20:20:07 +0100, Tina wrote:

On 19/09/2018 17:30, Bob Hobden wrote:
This year we grew, amongst others, some Indigo Rose tomatoes out on our
allotment. What a waste of time and effort. Despite daily watering they
suffered badly from Blossom End Rot, a bit of rain and then they
started splitting, took ages to ripen too. Finally got to taste a
decent one and just no taste at all certainly compared to Ferline. A
failed experiment.

I think it's due to the extreme hot weather we had. I watered my
tomatoes very carefully and still got blossom end rot.

I've actually saved seeds from mine this year. Mostly because of poor
germination from the commercial ones. I hope to get more successes from 50
seeds than I did from 6 :-). While doing some tidying up in the greenhouse
today, I found a couple of Sweet Million cherry tomatoes that had come to rest
in a puddle of water for a week or three. Darn things had about 20 seedlings
sprouting out of each. Pity that Winter's coming on.

Mark Rand