Old 02-10-2018, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default It's getting silly now.

On 02/10/18 15:57, Bob Hobden wrote:
Went to three large GCs this morning looking for an electric fan
greenhouse heater. Not one had a heater of any description. And they
all wonder why we buy stuff online.
Rant over.

No doubt too busy setting up displays for Halloween and Christmas crap. :-)

I've never understood what makes "greenhouse" fan heaters so special
that they seem to cost two or three times as much as a house fan heater!
Tested compliance with IPX4, perhaps? FWIW, I've been using cheap "Glen"
fan heaters in my greenhouses for nearly 20 years. I've only had two, in
fact, in all that time. And I've not exactly been careful with watering;
but in all that time I've never had an RCD trip (which I've /always/
used with them).

Anyway, lots of IPX4 -compliant heaters here, many of which have
differing power levels and/or built-in thermostats:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st_price-asc-rank?keywords=ipx4+heaters&rh=n%3A11052681%2Ck%3Ai px4+heaters&qid=1538493796&sort=price-asc-rank

--

Jeff