Old 04-10-2018, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter Robinson Peter Robinson is offline

Default Raspberry planting

I was thinking of planting two rows of raspberries in my new 10ft raised
beds this autumn: one row summer fruiting and one autumn fruiting. I
was hoping to get two varieties of each (i.e. 4 varieties in total) and
I was looking at https://www.ashridgetrees.co.uk but I start to get cold
feet about spacing etc.

Is one row of 2x5 canes stupidly close in a 10ft bed? For pennies less
I could get 2x3 canes per row instead, but is 3x canes of one variety
too few to be worth bothering with? Should I just simplify my life and
go for "textbook" spacing of 6 or 7 of only one variety per row instead?

Opinions?

Peter