Old 23-10-2018, 03:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Grass Cuttings Experiment

On 23/10/18 14:39, Janet wrote:

I do absolutely nothing to my dalek composts. I keep the lid on and
because it's warm and dry the dalek gets colonised by millions of ants
which chew up the contents into a fine brown "soil" like potting
compost. When they're done, lift off the dalek to position elsewhere.
Now you have access to the ants' product. Any left-overs that they
haven't processed, I just leave as mulch.

Wish my ants would live in the daleks rather than filling my water cock
pit in the pavement with soil every year :-|

Literally 2m away!