Old 26-10-2018, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Where is everyone?

On 26/10/2018 12:14, Muddymike wrote:
What's gone wrong it used to be so busy?

Dunno.

Me? I've got indoor work scheduled. I've levelled the new lawn - made of
the earth that used to be under the old assorted garage/sheds/etc - and
rotavated it. With a rental rotavator with wheel drive, and that
struggled. Especially on the whole bricks. I had to dig the complete
paving slab out... and the number of rocks is amazing. I left any under
2", but still got several barrow loads. Plus a few clay pipes, old
bottles, etc.

The driver who dug it up reckoned there was 65 tons. I seem to have got
fitter...

It's now seeded, and first shots are showing. perhaps this winter will
show me whether the new level will cure the flooding.

Indoors? Well, I have a nice new man cave. Garage is tidy enough to get
my car in, all the stuff I had in the house is in the workshop (along
with the tumble drier, which has its own extractor fan) and my books and
computer are here in the study. Which is a lot better insulated than any
part of the house.

But I'm short of shelves and cupboards. Big garden tools are on the
wall, but the small ones are still all in a box. Also SWMBO wants me to
rip up a knackered old floor & replace it. It's a mixture of oak too bad
not to cover, 3/8" pine full of worm, and chipboard where the plumbers
and sparkies were too lazy.

Andy