Old 03-11-2018, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp is offline

Default Olearia/ growlights.

I tried growlights in the past and found them of marginal use. If I
recollect the advice in the group went something like not to bother.

The Olearia cuttings I started in spring are still rooting
occasionally and rather than write the remaining thirty or so off, I
was thinking of dangling an LED growlight above a heated propogator.

I shipped all my gardening bits overseas, so I will have to buy a
suitable light. Does this sound like a worthwhile enteprise, or should
I just go for more cuttings in the spring?

Some of the Olearia were hit by a a fungus or aphids not to mention
myself using an old glyphophosphate sprayer that wasn't fully cleaned.
They seem to be coming around slowly, so perhaps they might benefit
also.

If LED bulbs will improve the growthrate, has anyone any
reccommendations?

The habitat for the winter will be a garden shed with very little
natural light.

AB

---