Old 11-11-2018, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ermin Ermin is offline

Default Looking for rough grass/paddock mower

On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 17:19:33 +0000, Chris Green wrote:

Bob Hobden wrote:

Yes, that's a possibility, as per my first option. However the
tractor is nowhere near as manoeuverable as the Kubota so it's much
harder work (or at least takes much longer) going along edges by
fences and getting into corners. I do have a topping mower and tend
to use it for the 'bulk' mowing of the paddocks, what I'm after is
something to mow patches of nettles/thistles/etc. and to wiggle
around all the trees in the orchard.

Sounds like you need a rear wheel steering mower like I've seen used at
Kew and Wisley. They whip around the trees etc.

That would be lovely if there was one designed for rough ground but
they're aimed at pretty lawns in the main.

Look at

https://www.deere.co.uk/en/commercial-mowing/

https://www.lawnmowersdirect.co.uk/c...petrol-mowers/
field-and-rough-grass-mowers/

http://www.powercut.co.uk/equipment/used-j/

None are cheap but you are indicating you want 'commercial quality' mowers

--
Ermin