Old 25-11-2018, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim S Jim S is offline

Default Laying salt and cardboard to deal with invasion

On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 19:51:39 +0000, john west wrote:

Our plot at the allotment is bordered with a tall palisade metal fence
with masses of weeds and nettles etc poking through it.

we spend a lot of time trying to trim tall nettles through the narrow
gaps in the fence. As the path is close to the fence we are constantly
getting stung.

It quite difficult to get to the other side of the fence which is waste
ground.

So have bought a bag of road salt and masses of cardboard to put down.

Is there a specific time of year that would be best to lay down the
cardboard and salt please? Thanks for any advice

And Glyphosate doesn't work?
--
Jim S