Old 13-12-2018, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_6_] Bob Hobden[_6_] is offline

Default Hedychium overwintering

On 13 Dec 2018 10:52, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

I have some nominally hardy Hedychiums, and need to decide how to
store them over winter. It would be easiest just to dig them into
the earth in the polytunnel and ignore them, but does it matter if
they dry out more-or-less completely?

Don't see why not. I have H greenii and whilst the clump in the garden
stay where they are covered only by the dead stems and leaves after the
first frost those I keep as insurance in the greenhouse hardly get
watered.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden