Old 18-12-2018, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default composing kitchen waste

On 18/12/2018 08:45, Derek wrote:
On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 12:15:44 +0000, Broadback
wrote:

seems the powers that be are going to bring in bins for kitchen waste I
wouldlike to avoid them.

I am on an allotment facebook site, thousands of users, and this topic
is often debated
Many will say never put on your compost meat or cooked veg, now I can
see the vermin loving the meat but cooked veg? But that is trotted out
by many every time.
So putting veg in water, boiling, then adding to the compost heap
attracts rats?
Yet another urban myth, unless you can prove differntyl , I can't

Meat - no unless it's a very hot pile or bin.

Cooked veg, I don't see a problem - a hot bin or pile will cook stuff
anyway.

--
Email does not work