Old 21-12-2018, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Blackpool Tomatoes?

On 21/12/2018 15:10, Bob Hobden wrote:
On 21 Dec 2018 13:25, Judith in England wrote:
I have been visiting some friends in Blackpool.

We talked about tomatoes.

I said that this year I was growing : SUNGOLD, MARMANDE, ALICANTE,
GARDENERS DELIGHT , TIGERELLA and POMODORO

They said they preferred Blackpool or Jersey tomatoes.

I said that I did not know of them - they assured me that they always
bought them every year.

Can anyone explain please?

(I's also be interested in comments in what I am growing - apart from
Sungold - they were a mixed bag (separate packets) from Aldi)

Is this an old post, I seem to recognise it from years ago.

https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/unite...-tomatoes.html

(Complete with various replies.)

--
SRH