Old 26-01-2019, 10:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Winter Harvest

Pavel314 wrote:
We have a flock of sheep which seem to keep the deer away. One morning, I saw a few deer in the pasture; the head ram came charging at them and they ran away. I guess he didn't like those strange animals eating his flock's grass.

that would have been fun to see!

They don't bother the garden but sometimes, in the middle of a cold winter, they dig up and eat any beets that my wife hasn't harvested.

it is hard to believe they can smell anything with how
cold it can get at night, but they somehow manage to find
things.

songbird