Old 27-01-2019, 02:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nyssa[_2_] Nyssa[_2_] is offline

Default Winter Harvest

T wrote:

On 1/26/19 10:06 AM, songbird wrote:
Nyssa wrote:
As strong as the rosemary scent is, it's worth a try.
Maybe I should have tried that with my pesky deer
invaders while I still had a huge plant with plenty of
branches I could have used.

Nyssa, who is still looking for ways to keep Bambi and
company out of her vegetables again this year

a 6-8ft fence...

If they can see through it to the other side, they will
still jump over it. It is unbelievable to watch.

Yep, and if they can't see through it, the sun doesn't get
through to the plants inside it.

Plus privacy fences are a no-no in the deed covenants here
except for around swimming pools (which the water table here
wouldn't allow anyway).

Nyssa, who had a suggestion of hanging Irish Spring soap around
the garden, but is wondering if that would really work since
the deer could always get around the soap one way or another