Old 17-02-2019, 02:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Stevia Rebaundia seed storage

Gary Woods wrote:

I'm learning that search engines are out to sell me stuff; not to help
me find things...
(rant over. for now)
I'm trying to find out if Stevia seed can be stored, well dried and
sealed, in the freezer. I know it's fairly short-lived and spotty on
germination. We grew it several years ago; a few plants provide more
dried and ground leaves than the sweetest tooth could need, but now to
try again with online purchased seed.
Did I mention that I'm ....erm... economical?

i'm out of the loop with this plant. i don't
even know if it is an annual or perennial or
what...

that said:

no luck with rooting cuttings and keeping
them indoors for the winter?

(and did you move to the UK? or why the crosspost?)

if i were a grower i'd be happy to send you a
few rooted plants in the mail once it warmed up a
bit (take the dirt off the roots, wrap in moist paper
towel, put in plastic bag then envelope, many small
plants will survive the trip if they're not frozen).

songbird